Secondary Teacher Eligibility

Cheery Thistle

I’m a UK qualified ex-secondary teacher (4 year honours degree, plus 1 year PGDE). I have been out of the classroom 4 years now, currently working in L and D. 
My question is really do I need to have recent experience to qualify for a skilled visa? I checked the AITSL for the skills assessment and there is no mention of recent experience, just the qualifications and level of English. 

You do not need recent experience for an AITSL skills assessment, but you might well need it to rake up enough points for a visa. May I suggest that you consult one of the registered migration agents who posts on this forum for a case assessment?

3 hours ago, wrussell said:

You do not need recent experience for an AITSL skills assessment, but you might well need it to rake up enough points for a visa. May I suggest that you consult one of the registered migration agents who posts on this forum for a case assessment?

Thank you v much for reply. I have made initial contact with an agent but now need to make a follow up appointment. I’m trying to gather as much info as possible beforehand so that we can ask questions etc. I have 13 years teaching experience, but have been in corporate L and D for the past few years now. 

24 minutes ago, Cheery Thistle said:

Thank you v much for reply. I have made initial contact with an agent but now need to make a follow up appointment. I’m trying to gather as much info as possible beforehand so that we can ask questions etc. I have 13 years teaching experience, but have been in corporate L and D for the past few years now. 

You are only able to claim points for skilled work in the past 10 years.