Impact of Work Visa application on existing Partner application

MartinC2023

Hi all

I have an existing Partner Visa (309/100) application   in process - Submitted and Paid in June plus Medical & Police reports requested and submitted in August.  In the meantime I have been offered a job in Australia which requires me to start pretty quickly in the next 2 months. 

Does anyone know if the employer applying for a Temporary Work Visa (so I can start work) will impact my Partner Application?

Will my Partner Application prevent the employer from applying for the Temporary Work Visa?

Given the usual time for granting of Partner Visa, I am thinking that this is not a new scenario and hoping that a positive outcome was achieved

Thanks

Nothing to stop you  having two visas in progress.  The big danger is that one visa can cancel the other out.  So, say your employer applied for a 482, then your partner visa is granted but the employer doesn't cancelled the 482 application immediately.  It comes through a week later and wipes out your partner visa. You don't get to choose which one to keep. 

I'm surprised your partner visa isnt through yet, where are you applying from?

5 hours ago, MartinC2023 said:

Thanks for the responses but the situation has changed as the 309 & 100 were both granted this week.

Congrats, I thought it would arrive soon.  Applications from the UK tend to go through a great deal faster than the official timeline.

Edited by Marisawright