Mt Annan, nsw

Guest GSXRDAVE

Guest GSXRDAVE

Can anyone tell me of any agents in the area of Mount Annan in new south wales, and if they will let houses out to you before you get there.

What have other people done about getting a property before arriving. Cant sell the house in the uk right now so were gonna rent it out and go as my employer is expecting me there for september.

Thanks.

Well, you could check out Realestate.com.au but estate agents dont really like to engage with people who arent actually there when they have hundreds of others actually knocking on their door. Similarly, you could be caught by signing up for something which bears little resemblance to the pictures on the website and is located right beside and abbatoir or a speedway track and which you hate. Best thing is to try and get a holiday let for a month (try Stayz - No 1 in Holiday Accommodation Rentals) and then go and visit places in person when you get here. Bring references from previous landlords or someone who can vouch for your capacity to pay on time etc and prepare for a fair bit of upfront money to give you a bit of an advantage.

Guest GSXRDAVE

Thanks for the link for holiday lets, as for references that could be a problem as i own my own house and never rented.

How much lump sum cash would you say i needed for rent.

Bring character references then, telling what a reliable bloke you are. Most places have a bond - tends to be something like a month's rent - which is returnable when you leave and which can be held against remedying any mess you leave etc. Otherwise if you can rock up and offer them 3 or 6 months rent in advance then you may have the edge on others who cannot do that.

I dont know what the demand is in Mt Annan - looks to be quite decent really, the rental costs are well less than the equivalent in Canberra so perhaps the demand isnt as high there as it is in other parts of the state.

Guest fatpom
...as for references that could be a problem as i own my own house and never rented.

How much lump sum cash would you say i needed for rent.

I had the same problem on arrival. The main concern is your credit worthiness and probable responsible tenancy. Show evidence of having a job offer.

Show evidence of regular payments of your mortgage. Evidence of utility bills (especially rates and water) paid in your name... shows evidence of ownership.

Quoll is right, don't even dream of signing up for anything unless you've seen it (and many others to get a feeling of value for money).

Landlords don't generally like short term leases unless there's no other interest. Gauge the rental market for your leverage (and theirs). They are saying that the rental market is tight... it might be but then they are always saying this. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lee winspear
Can anyone tell me of any agents in the area of Mount Annan in new south wales, and if they will let houses out to you before you get there.

What have other people done about getting a property before arriving. Cant sell the house in the uk right now so were gonna rent it out and go as my employer is expecting me there for september.

Thanks.

we had this problem, we contacted one agent who said it was company policy toview the property before you rent it, then we found another house be time we had scanned and sent all of the paperwork thry through, it had been rented out. we decided to rent a cabin in elderslie for two weeks when we get there 4th sept, and have a good look around. (my husband has just said are you going to footy on saturday).:biglaugh:

Guest lee winspear

Thanks.

ps, he said he will be in the magic sponge at 1ish, lowfields road, he will be the one with the pink carnation. ( i always tend to listen for his big gob, you are sure to find him then)!!!!!!!

Archived