Parental Visa

Sids Dad

Hi all, first time on here,

I'm getting a little nervous as i know it will not be long before we hear from the DIMA, we applied last May and I think by this May we may have some progress. I have one worry though, (well two actually!). First our son is living on the gold coast aboard his Yacht in Surfers Paradise. He is a bit of a free spirit and works when it suits him so the problem that has surfaced is that he will not be able to give us the assurance of support. Does anyone know what options are open to us? also I'm getting anxious about the medical as I'm diabetic type two and although this is under good control does anyone know of any problems that I may have passing the medical?

Thanks,

Alan.

Hello, Sids Dad, sorry I can't actually answer your two questions, but just to say I'm another parent who applied last May, and haven't heard a thing yet from the DIMIA. My two kids also have managed not to earn enough in the relevant years so I'm hoping the son's girlfriend's parents will be assurers. Hope someone gives you some encouragement on the diabetes issue. I would guess there must be quite a few people with diabetes applying for visas, so it may not be a problem. But there are people on the forum who can help on this.

Good luck, and let us know if you hear anything on your application.

Nico

Archived