Perth Holiday - Where to Stay

North to South

Hi, 

I'm looking to visit Perth for the first time in 14 years now I'm finally living in Australia and would appreciate some guidance on what areas around Perth are good for restaurants, cafes, beaches etc.  I've been looking on Airbnb and Stayz and come see a couple of nice places inn Sorrento and one in Halls Head, but not sure if these are good ares to stay for a week or if there's better areas.  It's mainly a week to relax during September and also to spend some time exploring the areas around Perth as I'm sure it's all changed since our last visit.  Any guidance on areas to stay and also visit would be most appreciated.  Thanks 🙂

A lot would depend on where you want to visit. Halls Head in in Mandurah and about 1 hour south from Perth, Sorrento is closer about 30 mins north but for Busselton / Margaret River you would be 1.5 hrs closer. 

Both have reasonable access to restaurants and beaches, both contain affluent areas. If it's just relaxing I think the beaches around Mandurah would be quieter.

• Like 1