Timescale for practical skills assessment for special class electrician

Rhian

Hello,

My husband has this week successfully completed his stage 2 technical interview. Is there anyone else out there who is going through the process currently and can inform us as to the timescale for a date for the practical assessment? We have been told there is a large backlog to deal with and to expect long delays.

thank you in advance.

@wrussell oh no really? That’s not the news we wanted to hear! Was that vetassess? It was our agency that told us there was a back log not vetassess themselves. We wouldn’t be backing out our application but that is a ridiculous time to wait! Especially when people have already paid. Is that from last year?

Was that vetassess?

Yes!

My clients paid my professional fee, stage 1 and stage 2 and lost the first 2 of these payments when they applied (and presumably were granted) a refund of the stage 2 payment. They hoped in vain for refund of all the fees paid to VETASSESS. 

@wrussell hmm that’s naughty of them! We hopefully it won’t be that long! Do they fly them over to do the assessments is that why it was put on hold? If so now they are open then can have them hear for an x amount of time and get through the assessments. He’s done the 1st stage online chat so hopefully won’t be too long for the face to face practical!