Health and Care Visa

NottmTex

Hi all 🙂

This is a question about my partner's situation (She is an Australian citizen and not an English citizen), she is coming over to the UK with me in May.

My partner is an Oral Health Therapist so can apply for the Health and Care Visa, we're just wondering if anyone has ever applied for the Health and Care VISA route. She is currently waiting for the outcome of her registration application with the General Dental Council then the next step for her will be trying to find a sponsor.

Due to long processing times, she will most likely already be in the UK as a visitor by the time she can apply for the Health and Care VISA. She has been informed by the Home Office that she may have to leave the country whilst her VISA application is processing but not necessarily back to AUS, just out of the UK. 
Our questions are: 
- Was it hard to find a sponsor employer in the UK and any advice you may have? 
- Can you travel (short trips) around Europe once approved for this VISA? 
- Was your application processed within the 3 weeks as estimated on the GOV.uk website? 
- Has anyone ever paid extra to use the priority service application before? i.e. processed within 5 days.
- Were you outside of the UK or Inside of the UK when you applied? And, if so did you have to leave the UK in order to apply? 
- Have you tried to apply for this VISA and been knocked back? If so, what were the reasons? 
Any other information or tips would be greatly appreciated.