Hoping to be our last British New Year!

Guest Nicki Kefford

Guest Nicki Kefford

Hello everyone,

Have read most people's messages as in for the New Year (have two young children and no baby sitter) and hoping that this time next year we shall be in Perth or at least waiting to leave.

My husband. myself and two girls are now waiting for a case officer at DIMA as they have just received our paperwork and I was wandering if any one knows the timescale from this stage? We haven't had our medicals or police checks yet either.

We also have one problem though - we have just found out that our eldest daughter has Scoliosis in her spine and will possibly have to have an operation soon. Does any one know if this will implicate our application?

We haven't mentioned it to our agents yet as the application had been sent and we only saw the consultant just before Christmas.

Would love to hear from anyone with any advice - as feeling really dispondant and really would like to be looking forward positively.

Happy New Year to everyone and Good Luck to those leaving the UK soon!

Not sure if operation will make a difference but after our medicals and police checks were done, we had email in under 2 weeks telling us we had our visa's and that we had one year to visit to activate them and 5 years before we had to move there permanently. We are going to visit in July next year then hope to move permanently to Brisbane before christmas. Hope it all goes ok, don't give up. It's a long process but will be worth it.

Guest gail.crease

Hi Nicki

Our application was received on 31 May and we were assigned a CO on 1 November for a 136 visa. We had to wait to get a passport for my baby (born 7 Oct) before we could book our medicals. We had our medicals on 7th December. My baby has to have an operation to remove a blockage from a kidney tube which is happening on 29th Jan. The panel doctor said it's highly likely they will wait to issue our visa until after the operation.

Hope this helps. I'll let you know the outcome when it happens.

Regards

Gail

Guest Nicki Kefford

Thank you for the advice on both the timescale and the operation. I hope all goes well with you baby's' operation and would be pleased to know how everything is.

By the way, where are you hoping to move to?

Nicki

Archived