ROI South Australia timescale?

handlesinc

Hi all.  Very new to all this but I've recently had a positive skills assessment and now thinking of applying for nomination from SA.  However the application process seems to be two-stage for offshore applicants - first you submit a Registration of Interest (ROI) application, then (if invited) you apply for the actual nomination.  There is some guidance on the timescale for the second stage but not the first.  Anyone have any experience or information on this?  Thanks.

There is no real guidance on the first part.

You submit an "I'm interested" application, the state then decides what they want to sponsor that round and looks for matching candidates, when they see one (maybe you) they look at your application and decide whether to offer an opportunity to apply for sponsorship or just out you back into the pile for another day.

They have no obligation to ever look at your application, they could look at it a hundred times and "pass over" it each time, or you could be selected on day one after submitting your application. There is no rules or process it is purely in their gift to offer sponsorship to whoever they choose.

Ah, I see, thanks.  That is what I had guessed but reassuring to know that I haven't missed something obvious.   I fully appreciate that they are under no obligation to do anything at all, and I have to wait a few months before doing the step before that (submitting an EOI) anyway, but I will continue to keep my fingers crossed!