Moving to Australia from UK - best City to live when working in hospitality

Yola2206

Hi guys,

I hope you can help! 

I am planning to apply for a visa to Australia towards the end of this year.

I am 29, working as Head of Events in London, wanting to move somewhere in Australia where hospitality is quite big as I would be probably looking to work in events. 

Atm, I still don't know which visa etc but gathering info every day, would like to explore the option of having a sponsorship but I know it's very difficult. 

Also, I have a cat i would like to relocate with me so any info on that experience would be much appreciated. 

So, what is the best city for me?! Where do I start with finding a job? House? 

THANK YOU

Yola

Your first step is definitely to find out if you can even qualify for a visa.  It's not always possible, even for people in senior roles.  Australia is very fussy and accepts only those with specific qualifications and experience in specific occupations. If you don't fulfil the criteria, you're out of luck and there's no way round it, short of retraining.  Finding an employer to sponsor you makes no difference:  they are still bound by the same criteria.   

The quickest way to establish your chances is to book an appointment with a reputable migration agent. Try Suncoast Migration or Go Matilda. 

No matter where you go in Australia, events is obviously going to be a much smaller industry than you're used to in London, because our population is a mere fraction of the UK.  

Events is a competitive field because of the perceived glamour, and the pay is relatively low even at senior levels.  The industry has taken a massive hit over the last two years as travel, even interstate, has been virtually impossible.   Events organisers have cut their staff to the bone.  Some have even closed their physical office altogether, and have no plans to re-establish one. All their remaining staff will work from home, even after Covid.  Many jobs are on short-term contract rather than permanent.