Victoria Border Permit help

JoshC

Hi everyone, I hope you are all well.

I have had my exemption and visa approved and I am now applying for my Victoria border entry permit.

My question is how long before entering Victoria do I need to apply for the border entry permit? Also is it open dated so I can enter on any day or do I have to enter on the exact day I put on the application?

I’m not 100% sure of my travel date yet so don’t want to apply now and then have to reapply if the travel dates change.
Does anyone know the processing time for these permits? 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi everyone, I hope you are all well.
  I have had my exemption and visa approved and I am now applying for my Victoria border entry permit.
  My question is how long before entering Victoria do I need to apply for the border entry permit? Also is it open dated so I can enter on any day or do I have to enter on the exact day I put on the application?
  I’m not 100% sure of my travel date yet so don’t want to apply now and then have to reapply if the travel dates change.
Does anyone know the processing time for these permits? 
Thanks in advance for any help.

They are processed instantly

I presume you will be flying into Melbourne?

10 minutes ago, Mcguinnessp1968 said:

They are processed instantly

I presume you will be flying into Melbourne?

Thats good to hear! So I am alright leaving it until a week of so before flying?  

Yeah I'll be flying into Melbourne.

Thats good to hear! So I am alright leaving it until a week of so before flying?  

Yeah I'll be flying into Melbourne.

I would do it sooner than that. Although I’m not sure how long they are valid for

My apologies btw it’s the domestic permits which are instant ( they might even have been scrapped) not sure about international ones