VETASSES Carpentry Technical Interview

Hello everyone this is my first post on this site. I passed the first stage of my assessment and on to stage 2 which is the Technical interview.

I've been working in building maintenance mostly (I probably do more joinery these days.) and my technical jargon knowledge is a little rusty.  So I am a bit worried about failing the test.

Has anyone sat the Carpentry test recently and can provide me some typical example questions? 

I would even pay for a decent revision tutor!

Thanks in advance! 

Steve

Congrats on stage 1! I was asked a ton of safety questions; fencing around sites, know the ground you will dig, watch for surroundings and powerlines, PPE, etc. Other topics were reduced levelling, layout a site, terminology of what I was working on in my photo evidence. Identify components of a blueprint (if you have trouble reading their pictures, say so. I accidentally said 285 degree angle, instead of 28.5 because the internet connection made the numbers mush together). They understood though and didn't mark it against me. I knew in my head it sounded weird but just blurted it out of nerves. They may form some questions based on the evidence you submitted. Here's a nice video for some tips as well: 

I'm interested in tutoring if you'd like to DM me. I passed my assessments in carpentry.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nomadiccarpenter said:

Congrats on stage 1! I was asked a ton of safety questions; fencing around sites, know the ground you will dig, watch for surroundings and powerlines, PPE, etc. Other topics were reduced levelling, layout a site, terminology of what I was working on in my photo evidence. Identify components of a blueprint (if you have trouble reading their pictures, say so. I accidentally said 285 degree angle, instead of 28.5 because the internet connection made the numbers mush together). They understood though and didn't mark it against me. I knew in my head it sounded weird but just blurted it out of nerves. They may form some questions based on the evidence you submitted. Here's a nice video for some tips as well: 

I'm interested in tutoring if you'd like to DM me. I passed my assessments in carpentry.

Cheers!! Thanks for the info mate, definitely helps to speak to someone who has done it. I should pass it with some serious revision as some aspects on my resume I don't use as often as I would like. Good to see at least I can get a second shot at it if I get unlucky questions! I mainly install doors, do repairs and handyman work, such random stuff! 

DM coming 👍👍