Query regarding ticking not claiming points for relevant experience

Oakmonth

Hi guys 😀

Newbie here. I was hoping someone could help as i cant seem to get a straight answer from a migration agent. I was invited for nsw 190 two weeks ago and i am about ready to lodge. For context i had 70+5 points, onshore and i claimed 1 years experience (i had 2.5 years but less than 3 years so only claimed 5 points for 1 year)

My question is at lodgment stage when completing the work experience section it asks two questions- is employment relevant to occupation? And do you wish to claim points for it?

Is it ok to tick yes its relevant experience but NO i dont want to claim points for one period? As long as by ticking no i still meet the one year skilled employment experience i claimed points for? The reason i ask is because one period of employment was left on bad terms and as such if employer gets a verification call he likely wont cooperate. I also never got a contract/reference from them. I only have payslips and bank statements. So i would rather tick no to claiming points for this experience if that is allowed? Anybody know? Thanks