AAT Won for 187

zijse

Hello guys..
My friend has a question.
He wants to know can he apply at AAT without migration agent.
As his agent is nut case and asking for 5k for AAT.
What he means to say is it worth taking risk?
Is it hard to put case .
Owner is supportive and can go AAT on hearing.
Kindly suggest.

I was just talking about this with my partner. We feel like that if you are a bit smart you can actually do it yourself. We feel like the money a lawyer ask for what he/she does is a joke. Maybe ask for an initial consultation but I would definitely prepare the case by myself if there is (I hope not) a next time.

Hi everyone, I am new here and would like to ask if anyone in the same situation with me. My employer applied AAT in October 2017 and my visa application on November 2017. Early September 2019 my employer got a request for more docs letter from AAT ( recent financial docs) we submitted within 1 week. After that, 6th October they sent out a date for my employer nomination’s hearing(15/11) and then today they againrequested more paperwork ( evidence of my salary, bank statement, tax returns). And they want it to be submit before 25/10. Is it normal? Thanks

2 hours ago, Jayjay16 said:

Hi everyone, I am new here and would like to ask if anyone in the same situation with me. My employer applied AAT in October 2017 and my visa application on November 2017. Early September 2019 my employer got a request for more docs letter from AAT ( recent financial docs) we submitted within 1 week. After that, 6th October they sent out a date for my employer nomination’s hearing(15/11) and then today they againrequested more paperwork ( evidence of my salary, bank statement, tax returns). And they want it to be submit before 25/10. Is it normal? Thanks

Hi, can I please ask what was the reason they reject your nomination? 

I hope the best for you ❤️

• Like 1

Hopefully, with the submission of the documents they are after, they will be satisfied and approve the nomination without going to the hearing. Good luck!
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lu Ding said:

I think they want to see you if your employer Pays you as manager pay ( correct payment). If he has been paid you for last 2 or 3 years , then you should fine. 

Im applies as a chef and my boss paid my 55k/pa for the last 4 years. I hope its the right amount they want. Anw it would be awesome if they gonna do what Cippalippa said:)) 🤞🤞🤞

9 minutes ago, ring3018 said:

Just wait for your moment, at least the hardest period is over. Applied for AAT on 4/2019, I think I will wait until 2021 😞

Similar here, we applied 6/6 and already feels like forever. Wondering if the termination of 187 in November will make them speed things up, otherwise they will have to remember way too many rules for processing and they can hardly keep up with the existing ones. The amount of mistakes they make is mind-blowing. 

• Like 3

Hi everyone in this same boat here,

I am just wondering if I can contact Aat how much longer for my case to be appointed. I lodged from May 2018 and still no news whatsoever. 
My  2nd 187 application  as a cook in Perth submitted in April 2017 and after more than a year Immi refused without requesting any documents. Reason being business can’t afford to pay me for next two years (anyone I told them about my case they laugh the sh** out of it because I have worked fulltime and been paid 54k a year for the last five years)

Any information regards to current processing time would be helpful.

10 minutes ago, PPham said:

Hi everyone in this same boat here,

I am just wondering if I can contact Aat how much longer for my case to be appointed. I lodged from May 2018 and still no news whatsoever. 
My  2nd 187 application  as a cook in Perth submitted in April 2017 and after more than a year Immi refused without requesting any documents. Reason being business can’t afford to pay me for next two years (anyone I told them about my case they laugh the sh** out of it because I have worked fulltime and been paid 54k a year for the last five years)

Any information regards to current processing time would be helpful.

The current (based on the last 6 months) processing time is 19.3 months. As of now you're sitting on 17.4 months.

Calling won't help at all, or speed up the process. Based on the numbers your application should be open in the next 3 months.

19 minutes ago, MilaMocha said:

The current (based on the last 6 months) processing time is 19.3 months. As of now you're sitting on 17.4 months.

Calling won't help at all, or speed up the process. Based on the numbers your application should be open in the next 3 months.

This is what I thought too. The thing is on the aat website average processing time is 590 days but it is the whole time your application should be finalised which means the case has to be accessed before a certain time frame.

From what my MA told me, when aat access you case and request for more information they will allow you around two months to prepare it. I don’t know if there is queuing system in place or not.

4 minutes ago, PPham said:

This is what I thought too. The thing is on the aat website average processing time is 590 days but it is the whole time your application should be finalised which means the case has to be accessed before a certain time frame.

From what my MA told me, when aat access you case and request for more information they will allow you around two months to prepare it. I don’t know if there is queuing system in place or not.

That's just the average meaning individual cases will still fall below and go over that number of days.

Regardless, if calling them helped everyone would be on the phones, not on this forum. 🙂

13 minutes ago, PPham said:

They only give you 2 weeks to provide requested documents. Not 2 months.

9 minutes ago, Hari_999 said:

Hi everyone

I have applied for AAT on 06/12/2017 and still not assigned to CO.

1 year, 9 months, 29 days including today. Too long but not surprised, I've seen many being opened at 2 years.

Have you sent your submission or you will wait on them to request documents?

2 minutes ago, MilaMocha said:

1 year, 9 months, 29 days including today. Too long but not surprised, I've seen many being opened at 2 years.

Have you sent your submission or you will wait on them to request documents?

My lawyer submitted company financial documents.

My lawyer sent email about the case and he got below reply.

am writing in relation to an application for review by the Migration and Refugee Division of the AAT.

Thank you for your email.

Due to the large number of applications that we have received at the AAT, there is a backlog of cases and it could take some time before your case is given to a Member.

We aim to deal with cases as quickly as possible in the order in which cases were lodged. Also, note that while currently, on average, our waiting time is 24 months from lodging the application, there are many applications which have been in the queue for periods greater than this. As a guide, you can refer to the “How long will the review process take?” section on our website at http://aat.gov.au/steps-in-a-review/migration-and-refugee/migration/what-happens-after-lodgement

Please note we are unable to provide you with any specific dates on when this case will be constituted to a Member. Once a case has been allocated to a member, and the Member has reviewed your case, we shall contact you if we require further information or if the Member wishes to invite you to a hearing. Please regularly check your email or mail.

If you have any questions, please contact us at MRDivision@aat.gov.au, or call 1800 228 333.

5 minutes ago, Hari_999 said:

My lawyer submitted company financial documents.

My lawyer sent email about the case and he got below reply.

am writing in relation to an application for review by the Migration and Refugee Division of the AAT.

Thank you for your email.

Due to the large number of applications that we have received at the AAT, there is a backlog of cases and it could take some time before your case is given to a Member.

We aim to deal with cases as quickly as possible in the order in which cases were lodged. Also, note that while currently, on average, our waiting time is 24 months from lodging the application, there are many applications which have been in the queue for periods greater than this. As a guide, you can refer to the “How long will the review process take?” section on our website at http://aat.gov.au/steps-in-a-review/migration-and-refugee/migration/what-happens-after-lodgement

Please note we are unable to provide you with any specific dates on when this case will be constituted to a Member. Once a case has been allocated to a member, and the Member has reviewed your case, we shall contact you if we require further information or if the Member wishes to invite you to a hearing. Please regularly check your email or mail.

If you have any questions, please contact us at MRDivision@aat.gov.au, or call 1800 228 333.

On what date exactly did they email him this?