Unusual Situation - Sexual Harassment

HMJ

Hi all, 

I am looking for some advice about my situation. I am in Australia on a 408 sponsorship visa which ends in December 2021. I was happy in my job and wanted to stay however about a month ago my boss tried to convince me to have sex with him. I reported the situation to the board and the situation was investigated. It was proven to be a sexual harassment case and he was remorseful. The Board made the decision to re-instate my boss and we now have to work together again. I was not informed why he was re-instated. I do not want to work for them anymore and I am looking for a new job in my field in other states. My current employer is unaware I want to leave and is starting to look into new Visa's for me (which I don't want). 

I do not know what to do. Obviously I am looking for a new position but these things take time. I WANT to stay in Australia very badly, however I really do not want to continue working for my current employer. What can I do? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. 

10 hours ago, HMJ said:

Hi all, 

I am looking for some advice about my situation. I am in Australia on a 408 sponsorship visa which ends in December 2021. I was happy in my job and wanted to stay however about a month ago my boss tried to convince me to have sex with him. I reported the situation to the board and the situation was investigated. It was proven to be a sexual harassment case and he was remorseful. The Board made the decision to re-instate my boss and we now have to work together again. I was not informed why he was re-instated. I do not want to work for them anymore and I am looking for a new job in my field in other states. My current employer is unaware I want to leave and is starting to look into new Visa's for me (which I don't want). 

I do not know what to do. Obviously I am looking for a new position but these things take time. I WANT to stay in Australia very badly, however I really do not want to continue working for my current employer. What can I do? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. 

We are led to believe that such matters are treated seriously these days in Australia, but like much else more a case of window dressing and sweeping it under the carpet. You write he was remorseful. Best thing to hope for in that case would be to accept that and any mixed messages wrongly picked up by your boss and try and move on. It appears obvious he won't be going anywhere. Either you move on or play a game around the matter. Just be mindful of tactics around vengeance in order to try and get you out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1