Maternity Pay...

LT8088

Me and my partner are currently waiting on our PR visa to be accepted through the skilled worker so as it stands we are still on a temporary 457 visa. 
We are due to have our first baby in September and don't qualify for any kind of maternity pay whilst i am away from work

I was wondering if anyone knew if its possible to claim anything from the UK or anything we can try that we may not know we can get 
We are both British Citizens and worked until we left the UK 5 years ago and are both employed full time in Australia 

I find it highly unlikely the UK will pay you any benefit if you left the country 5 years ago and so dont reside there. Unfortunately i dont think there is anything you can claim until you get your PR. How long off being granted PR are you, do you know?

Cal x

My partner and  I are both from UK and had both our babies here on a 457 visa also waiting for our PR, unfortunately nothing is claimable from the UK and as you know nothing in Australia either. I hadn't lived in the UK since 2016 and they wouldn't entertain the conversation as I hadn't resided or paid tax or NI  there in over 2 years.