Does an RFI indicate anything in terms of expected timescales?

Hi everyone, 

We applied in March for my husbands 309/100 visa. Today we received an RFI and I am driving myself crazy with every day trying to second guess the approval process and its timescales! In people experiences, once you receive an RFI does this signal you are approaching a decision point or can it often go on for a lot longer after information has been provided? When we applied, it seemed to be around a period when things were moving very quickly and lots of people were getting their approvals in unprecedented time scales but it just may be my perception, but things seem to have slowed again a bit. As I say I aware I am torturing myself with it all but just keen to understand other people’s experiences. 

Many thanks in advance. 

3 hours ago, returningtooz said:

once you receive an RFI does this signal you are approaching a decision point or can it often go on for a lot longer after information has been provided?

Really depends on what the questions were. If they are asking for police checks and medicals, then hopefully everything else is good. If it’s something else then they may need time to consider it. Patience is a necessary virtue in this process!

• Like 1