143 application - Worth getting an agent?

NShah

@Marisawright - I wasn't aware it was that long as I've been advised it takes 4 to 5 years which is line with what is published in the departments website. 

Is there a checklist of the documents required to make the application? I am unable to find a comprehensive version on their website. 

1 minute ago, NShah said:

@Marisawright - I wasn't aware it was that long as I've been advised it takes 4 to 5 years which is line with what is published in the departments website. 

The website is misleading.   That figure is not a prediction.    What it means is,  "the applications we are processing today, were submitted 4 or 5 years ago".  However since then, there has been a huge increase in applications.

Currently there are over 55,000 applications already in the queue.  They grant a very small quota every year - around 5,000.  They have no plans to increase that quota.  It's easy to do the calculation.

Sadly, there are unscrupulous agents who will tell you the 4/5 year figure is correct because they want to get your money.