Obtain an Australian Qualification

JZT

Hello

Would anybody be able to advise/ offer any information on whether it would be possible to obtain an Australian IV certificate from the UK?

This would be for the purpose of then applying for a skills assessment. 

We understand that UK qualifications can be comparable however it is difficult to confirm which UK qualification level would be comparable to the IV certificate. We have been advised that an NVQ level 3 should be sufficient however even then there are many different types, eg BTEC, City & Guilds etc.

The assessing authorities are unable to advise prior to assessment whether a UK qualification would be considered equivalent. TRA would be who we are hoping to apply to.

We have also read about RPL but again are unsure whether this is something that could be done from the UK.

Thanks
J

I don't see why you can't. Covid has greatly extended the amount of course material that is available on line (although I've no idea if the whole of a cert IV in Telecommunications can be done that way). Some certificate issuing colleges are TAFEs and are only available to residents of the state they are funded by but most are private colleges and would likely be happy to help (there is of course a fee involved). I suggest you do some internet search to see if you can find a private college that offers a cert IV in Telecommunications and see if they are willing to help. RPL should reduce the amount of course you need to complete but you might still need to complete some units.

Edited by Ken