820 visa granted and received an email a day later saying I am eligible for the 801.

CHEL

So to sum up my application for the 820 me and my partner had been together 3 years although only live together for 2 1/4 of those years. We applied for the 820/801 which was granted just short of 2 years from the application.

Now after receiving my 820 I got an email the next day saying that I was now eligible for the 801 and it looks like there is a new application for me to fill in on immi. Do you think the 801 should of been automatically granted? And is there any department I can call to try push for automatic 801.

23 hours ago, CHEL said:

So to sum up my application for the 820 me and my partner had been together 3 years although only live together for 2 1/4 of those years. We applied for the 820/801 which was granted just short of 2 years from the application.

Now after receiving my 820 I got an email the next day saying that I was now eligible for the 801 and it looks like there is a new application for me to fill in on immi. Do you think the 801 should of been automatically granted? And is there any department I can call to try push for automatic 801.

To be granted a visa you have to be elidgable at the time of application not the time of grant.  If you were only claiming the defacto for 2 1/4 years in the original application then you were not elidgable for the 801 at application and therefore not elidgable for it at the time of grant.