Very Confused

Guest karen&Ian

Guest karen&Ian

Hi Guys

Been reading through the different threads and now more confused than ever.

We hopefully get our 457 visa next week which means handing notice in at work and getting on plane after packing mid to late sept.

The trouble is where do we live for the initial 8 weeks or so before furniture arrives and we find an unfurnished property.Keep looking at different areas but most seem to be minimum 6months lease and unfurnished. Reading several threads I notice renting takes some time and not advised to do this before you arrive in Oz.

So can anyone help us as I am stressed enough without thinking I am living on the beach for several weeks

H E L P

Karen

Guest Wallace

Hey Karen and Ian. We are in the same position with having to rent at the other end - minus the part of furniture as we are in a furnished property here in the UK at the moment. Have you got any friends / family you could temporarily stay with to bridge the gap? Or perhaps look for a part-furnished property whilst waiting for your own stuff to arrive? Are you planning on buying a property out there? Is that why you dont want to get stuck in a 6 month lease? Good luck with it all :)

Guest karen&Ian

Hi thanks you guys for getting back We have family in Sydney but my job is in Murarrie (office) area in sales is queensland.

We initially want furnished short term rent so we can look carefully for a longer term rent when the furniture arrives. We will be buying eventually but not until we are certain of area we want AND when we have sold in UK so could be sooooooome time before we own property in oz

Guest Sam&Si
Hi thanks you guys for getting back We have family in Sydney but my job is in Murarrie (office) area in sales is queensland.

We initially want furnished short term rent so we can look carefully for a longer term rent when the furniture arrives. We will be buying eventually but not until we are certain of area we want AND when we have sold in UK so could be sooooooome time before we own property in oz

What about a holiday let or a motel? We've booked a motel on the beach in Brisbane, a 1 bed unit with kitchenette etc and is $450 per week over Christmas, cheaper at other times of the year. Sure it's not the Four Seasons but has everything we need. We also saw some others for as little as $380 per week.

x

Archived