Skilled Assessment

FionaThi

Hi, I am currently waiting for my final results after my 3 years of Bachelor of Medical and Radiation Physics course at UOW. I am not qualified to apply to ACPSEM. I have a brief glance at the conversion here on this website, I wonder if anyone has the experience of applying through VETASSESS for the Physicist occupation under my course before? Thank you! 

I haven't had any work experience during my years of studies, and so what other options do you think I have if you have been in my situations before? My visa is ending soon, like 2 months! What do we suggest? Thank you and stay safe. 

P.S. What should I do if financially my family and I could not afford to continue to support my education here in Australia, then would scholarship be an ideal way (i am not a high achieving student but I am trying after many years of struggling)? Should I feel bad for going home after all this trying to make things work?  

• 1 month later...

I'm not qualified to comment on the more technical aspects of your questions, but if you are struggling here, there is nothing wrong with going home. I remember I was going to go home back in 1979 after three months here but my Dad told me to stick it out and sent me another 500 quid or so to tide me over until I got a job. (Come to think of it, I sometimes wish I HAD gone home!)

Then years later, for a variety of reasons, I did go home, for twelve years. My parents were still alive then and living in England. So, if things do not work out for whatever reason, or reasons  - financial, professional, missing your family, etc, it's not an admission of defeat to go back.

Thank you MARYROSE02! I have come in terms to accept with going home as i get to spend time with my parents. Thank you...whatever it is i know things happen for a reason and that "it's not an admission of defeat to go back"!!!  Thank you and stay safe! :) 

• Like 1

in 1996 I lost my job after 15 years, which was horrible but in the longer term was a blessing. I went back to England, spent time with my parents, my Mum dying after less than a year, then I was able to help my Dad (Actually he probably helped me more). I also got a good job with Royal Mail which I did for 12 years. If my brothers had still been in England I probably would have stayed there but they both followed me out to OZ, so I returned to Sydney. For the last five to six months I have been living with one of my brothers in QLD which is much preferable to living on my own in Sydney, especially at the present time.

There are no right and wrong decisions, just two right ones!

• Like 1

A permanent holiday seemingly now! But I have the feeling that the "axe" will fall on QLD as it has in Sydney and Melbourne and everywhere else in the world.  I want to fight that feeling! Last night, having seen on news that everybody is wearing masks in Sydney, here in Surfers Paradise there are masses of people out, no masks either.

The catastrophic of "everything's back to normal" because all shops are open and majorly don't even have enough space to called "social distance" and major crowd and people gathers. Recent incident is "AVALON" and so, hoping QLD will close the border on NSW soon to help stop the spread both in the region and outside the region. Here in NSW is getting quite wild and let's hope that everyone will comes to the understanding and realising the meaning of "social distancing" or per se, less crowd...!!! stay safe xoxo

• Like 1

On 01/12/2020 at 19:50, FionaThi said:

Hi, I am currently waiting for my final results after my 3 years of Bachelor of Medical and Radiation Physics course at UOW. I am not qualified to apply to ACPSEM. I have a brief glance at the conversion here on this website, I wonder if anyone has the experience of applying through VETASSESS for the Physicist occupation under my course before? Thank you! 

I haven't had any work experience during my years of studies, and so what other options do you think I have if you have been in my situations before? My visa is ending soon, like 2 months! What do we suggest? Thank you and stay safe. 

P.S. What should I do if financially my family and I could not afford to continue to support my education here in Australia, then would scholarship be an ideal way (i am not a high achieving student but I am trying after many years of struggling)? Should I feel bad for going home after all this trying to make things work?  

•  

Have you explored whether a subclass 485 is an option for you?

• Like 1