snmp

Citizenship - Police Checks

Hi all,

I started my citizenship application as I thought I had qualified (entered Feb 2015 on Temp Partner Visa) but wasn't sure as there had been talks of changing it to 4yrs on PR visa etc....

The question I have is when asked to enter times overseas including holidays, is this just from the time you entered Australia or ever?

I had put in holidays ever, as per my temp visa and perm visa, but it came back asking for a USA Police Check (I'm from the UK), I have been to America a hand full of times in my lifetime but the longest I ever stayed there was 1 month (20 years ago), other times its been for 1 week/10days max.

Has anyone else had this?

Or should I just be entering trips overseas since moving to Australia (I've been to the UK twice 6weeks / 3weeks).

Thanks!

Sarina

309/100 Partner Visa: Submitted London: 30/4/14 ..... Payment taken 2/5/14 ..... CO Assigned (LG), further information requested & sent 13/6/14..... Visa Granted 27/1/15.... Leave for Oz 18/2/15.... Permanent Residence Granted 26/7/17

You need to provide information about all the trips you ever made, but the police check is not required unless you spent at least 12 months (all your trips) in the US since you got your PR in Australia. Just contact the DHA, but if their system asks for the police clearance then you will most likely have to get one.

Edited by cyril_au

State: NSW
Birth Country: UA (Ukraine)
Stream: 457 > 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 2 (me and my partner)
Nomination applied:  23rd July 2019
Nomination approved: 19th 
August 2019

Visa applied:  8th August 2019
Medicals cleared: 14th August 2019

S56 requested (NZ police clearance for the main applicant): 20th August 2019
S56 submitted: 21st August 2019
Visa Granted: 24th September 2019

IMMI Status: Finalized

Citizenship application date: 6th November 2020
Citizenship application status: Received

17 hours ago, cyril_au said:

You need to provide information about all the trips you ever made, but the police check is not required unless you spent at least 12 months (all your trips) in the US since you got your PR in Australia. Just contact the DHA, but if their system asks for the police clearance then you will most likely have to get one.

I don't think that's correct, it was 90 days 2 years ago when I applied

Thanks for your responses, I logged onto my Immi and they had changed it to trips in the last 10 years, so should be all good!  Hopefully!

309/100 Partner Visa: Submitted London: 30/4/14 ..... Payment taken 2/5/14 ..... CO Assigned (LG), further information requested & sent 13/6/14..... Visa Granted 27/1/15.... Leave for Oz 18/2/15.... Permanent Residence Granted 26/7/17