Citizenship - Police Checks

snmp

Hi all,

I started my citizenship application as I thought I had qualified (entered Feb 2015 on Temp Partner Visa) but wasn't sure as there had been talks of changing it to 4yrs on PR visa etc....

The question I have is when asked to enter times overseas including holidays, is this just from the time you entered Australia or ever?

I had put in holidays ever, as per my temp visa and perm visa, but it came back asking for a USA Police Check (I'm from the UK), I have been to America a hand full of times in my lifetime but the longest I ever stayed there was 1 month (20 years ago), other times its been for 1 week/10days max.

Has anyone else had this?

Or should I just be entering trips overseas since moving to Australia (I've been to the UK twice 6weeks / 3weeks).

Thanks!

Sarina

You need to provide information about all the trips you ever made, but the police check is not required unless you spent at least 12 months (all your trips) in the US since you got your PR in Australia. Just contact the DHA, but if their system asks for the police clearance then you will most likely have to get one.

Edited by cyril_au

17 hours ago, cyril_au said:

You need to provide information about all the trips you ever made, but the police check is not required unless you spent at least 12 months (all your trips) in the US since you got your PR in Australia. Just contact the DHA, but if their system asks for the police clearance then you will most likely have to get one.

I don't think that's correct, it was 90 days 2 years ago when I applied