Investor Visa 188b age waiver ( over 55)

FMH

Hi everyone - I am trying to find out which States will consider an age waiver on this visa if one exceeds the standard State nomination designated investment of AUD 1.5 m. (The Significant Investor visa with AUD5 m investment is not an option).So far I have NSW - won’t consider. WA will consider with AUD 2.25m investment. Please - any advice, comments, info will be appreciated regarding other States requirements. Needing to choose where to submit EOI & find an agent. Thank you

2 hours ago, FMH said:

Hi everyone - I am trying to find out which States will consider an age waiver on this visa if one exceeds the standard State nomination designated investment of AUD 1.5 m. (The Significant Investor visa with AUD5 m investment is not an option).So far I have NSW - won’t consider. WA will consider with AUD 2.25m investment. Please - any advice, comments, info will be appreciated regarding other States requirements. Needing to choose where to submit EOI & find an agent. Thank you

HI FMH

You will find some States are reluctant to publish figures. I know what most of them are and lets just say the 2.25m for WA is at the lower end of the scale. The other states will not thank me for discussing their figures in a public forum. 

As I mentioned in another thread, some of the states are closed to new applications. One of the larger states re-opened for applications in late September and closed a week later having received thousands of EOI's competing for several hundred places so competition is very high.

I believe also the 188b will not exist in it's current form in a few months from now when new rules are scheduled to come into effect on 1 July 2021. If the 188b does remain as a visa stream, I suspect the minimum DI amount will be increased significantly.

The other thing to consider in addition to obtaining the minimum required business skills points, is to have a serious think about what additional economic benefits your migration will bring to your chosen state such as buying a house, putting kids through school, getting a job and paying taxes, starting a business etc. All these factors can play a part in strengthening your business case in a competitive market.

Also, it would be useful to know a bit more about yourself personally, career, business history just so we can explore other possible migration pathways which may exist.

I hope you find these comments useful.

Kind regards

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2020 at 10:31, FMH said:

I’d suggest you contact Steve, who has responded above, he will be able to assist.