Citizenship Lawful Date

TristanC

Hi guys, 

I wonder if anyone could help my situation. I was going to apply citizenship this morning (29th August 2020). I use the immigration resident calculator to figure out when I could apply for it and it said I will be eligible today (29th) but when I use the Immi account to apply, it said I haven't met the resident requirement yet. 

Here is my timeline: 

2015.08 Arrived Australia with student visa 

2016.09 apply for partner visa (820) and granted bridging visa A

2017.04 apply for Bridging visa B to leave Australia due to family issue and come back in 4 days

2017.10 granted visa 820 

2019.07 renew passport 

2019. 08 granted visa 801 (PR)

2020. 08 I have been PR for a year 

I am sure I havent left the country for more than 12 months in the past four years and less than 90 days in the past year. 

When should be my lawful date? Is it 2015.08 when I came to Australia with student visa? Will my lawful date reset or affected due to my bridging visa and change of bridging A to bridging b to leave the country? If i have renewed my passport, can immigration system still be able to track back my entry record and history? Would that affect the Immi account that does not allow me to precess further? 

Thank you in advance for your help! 🙂 

Have you updated your immiaccount with your new passport number?

Also worth checking Vevo as to whether it thinks you are onshore or offshore.

You may have accidentally entered the country on a visitor visa when you returned with your new passport.