moving back to melbourne

Guest adam krajnyk

Guest adam krajnyk

:spinny: hi everyone.

we are a family of 4. our two kids are 3 and 1 and we are moving back to melbourne next year. me and my wife lived in edithvale south east of melbourne for nearly 3 years, (2002 to 2005) we moved back to england mainly because my wife was home sick and was expecting our first child. now being back in the u.k 3 years we have realised why we left in the first place. as we can now compare the two lifestyles we definatly think oz is far better to bring up our children.

we would like some ideas on where the best places for young active families to live are, as we dont think we could afford to buy in edithvale. we are familliar with frankston, somerville, langwarrin, sandhurst and berwick as we have family members there.

i would need to commute to the cbd each day.

any info please..

adam, beth and kids from west yorkshire

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Adam, Beth and Kids

I am glad that you gave it a try going back to the UK, I have heard from so many people who move to Oz decide they are home sick move back to the UK and then like yourselves realise that Oz offered them a far better way of life. On the plus side at least your baby was born in the UK as from what I understand pregnancy can be expensive over here.

I like Sandhurst and I like Berwick, how about Bayside burbs?

Guest pianoman
:spinny: hi everyone.

any info please..

adam, beth and kids from west yorkshire

Hi Adam & Family,

I really like Berwick - it has a lot of character. We live in Rowville (not to far away) and I'd have to say Berwick would have been our second option. In fact to be honest, Berwick has more character than Rowville!

I believe Berwick is still very affordable - lots of land available to build if that's what you decide.

Where in West Yorks are you from? I'm originally from Ossett and came out here 9 years ago - never looked back!

Cheers

We used to live in Edithvale and but have lived in Somerville for the last 20 years.

We love it and as you will know everything is in walking distance, sport clubs, gym and pool, shopping centres, pub, schools, catholic primary here plus two gov ones and a high school to year 10. The train The train is also a bonus.

A friend of ours gets the train from here to cbd everyday. A lot more people are now taking the train from here. However we worked within 30 mins so easy for us.

If travelling to the city and time taken is a problem then I would look over the west as its closer and takes less time to get to the city. Point Cook, Sanctuary Lakes etc.

:smile:

Guest adam krajnyk
Hi Adam & Family,

I really like Berwick - it has a lot of character. We live in Rowville (not to far away) and I'd have to say Berwick would have been our second option. In fact to be honest, Berwick has more character than Rowville!

I believe Berwick is still very affordable - lots of land available to build if that's what you decide.

Where in West Yorks are you from? I'm originally from Ossett and came out here 9 years ago - never looked back!

Cheers

hi,

we live in a villiage called oakworth in the worth valley which is near keighley. it is nice in oakworth but keighley is horrible and getting worse.

when we were in oz we did miss things about the u.k. lots of stupid things like food and t.v, but when you get to the uk, you realise that the life style oz offers, far outways all the small things you miss.

we have permenant residency visas, just nedd to get the kids added.

berwick does sound nice and from reading other peoples posts they think so too.

hope to make more local friends this time. found it quite hard last time. i had loads of mates at work but they all lived the other side of the city. cant exactly go round for a beer after work as its so far. should be easier this time as we will meet people through our kids. i think they will love it.

thanks for the reply

adam and family

hi,

we live in a villiage called oakworth in the worth valley which is near keighley. it is nice in oakworth but keighley is horrible and getting worse.

when we were in oz we did miss things about the u.k. lots of stupid things like food and t.v, but when you get to the uk, you realise that the life style oz offers, far outways all the small things you miss.

we have permenant residency visas, just nedd to get the kids added.

berwick does sound nice and from reading other peoples posts they think so too.

hope to make more local friends this time. found it quite hard last time. i had loads of mates at work but they all lived the other side of the city. cant exactly go round for a beer after work as its so far. should be easier this time as we will meet people through our kids. i think they will love it.

thanks for the reply

adam and family

Hi Adam,

Read my post "purplethunders reccie", you'll see that we preferred the west side especially Werribee, Altona and Williamstown I've lso looked at Point Cook and Sanctuary lakes on line as these both appear to be good family areas as they have newer infrastructures such as schools, shopping, sports etc. If you look at "www.mcgilley.com" you'll see our pics.

Debs

Guest EvieB

Hi Debs - great pics, thanks for sharing them with us. Cute little boy!

And I do believe that was Sirens restaurant in Williamstown. It's worth living there for that alone, if you can afford the houses!

Archived