Subclass 143

3 hours ago, Arashtinbenmik said:

Does anyone receive anything from parents departments?! I applied 143 for my parents on NOV16 and don’t receive any updates!!!

please make me clear 

You won’t receive anything until you’re near the end of the queue and a case officer will then contact you. You’ve probably got about a year before that happens, maybe a little bit less. 

15 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

You won’t receive anything until you’re near the end of the queue and a case officer will then contact you. You’ve probably got about a year before that happens, maybe a little bit less. 

I checked through and find out it is time for who applied from may to June 2016 ,so it will take 3 more months I believe, why did you say that!!!!???👀

1 hour ago, Arashtinbenmik said:

I checked through and find out it is time for who applied from may to June 2016 ,so it will take 3 more months I believe, why did you say that!!!!???👀

Well for start there’s more than 3 months between May/June and November.  From your thought process, there would be approx 5/6 months. However, that assumes the queue just continues to go down month after month which doesn’t happen. There would have to be unlimited places available for that to happen.  It tends to take about a year for the queue to drop by 6 months. You may have perhaps 10 months to go at a minimum I’d say.  Quite where you got 3 months from I don’t know. 

2 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

Well for start there’s more than 3 months between May/June and November.  From your thought process, there would be approx 5/6 months. However, that assumes the queue just continues to go down month after month which doesn’t happen. There would have to be unlimited places available for that to happen.  It tends to take about a year for the queue to drop by 6 months. You may have perhaps 10 months to go at a minimum I’d say.  Quite where you got 3 months from I don’t know. 

10 months is exceptionally optimistic - I would suggest the original poster has perhaps even a couple of years wait. My Mum is Sept 2016 and when I checked the parent queue calculator a couple of months ago, there were about 8500 applicants in the queue ahead of her. As we know, they only process about 6500 visas a year, so we are thinking that she won't be processed / requested for more documents until mid to end of next year at least. 

*edit* June and July 2016 were very, very heavy months in terms of parent visa applications so it is quite possible that a years worth of allocated visas will be exhausted with just the applications from these two months. 

Edited by purplealster