Confused about wether to leave or not..

Lambert

Hi all,

I apologise in advance about the long(ish) post hit wondering if someone could help me with something.

I’m currently on a 482 visa with Education Queensland as a secondary school teacher. I got invited to the 491 visa and was not long before getting it granted (literally days) but then my mother sadly and very suddenly passed away. COVID happened and I didn’t go back home (my husband isn’t British and I’d not seen my mother for many many years but that’s a different story).. 

On my 482 visa I’m in Mackay QLD, which I find really lonely and would prefer to be somewhere like Brisbane or if regional Cairns or the GC. 

I’ve recently had a new opportunity to work overseas in a very prestigious international school. I’m wondering should I take it and try and apply for PR (hopefully QLD) in a year or two time OR should I remain in Australia and see if QLD would give me another shot at 491 and if I don’t get that Ed Queensland already said I could go on a 187 visa. 

Could I even get a 491 visa nomination seeing as I had to withdraw the last time due to these horrible circumstances?

Any advice is so greatly appreciated as I just feel lost. 

Thank you in advance 

From what you have said:

- If you withdrew your 491 application, there is no substantive reason why BSMQ should not re-nominate you for a 491 if their requirements are unchanged when nominations re-open, particularly if you are currently working in regional QLD

- if you go offshore for several years then, if you want to return, you will be applying as an offshore applicant, from scratch and will be at the mercy of whatever the rules might be at that point. The 187 would not be an option in this scenario as the DE stream has ended. 

- it would probably pay you to get some professional advice based on the specifics of your situation, so you fully understand the dynamics. 

Edited by paulhand
  • Like 2