Skills Assessment for ANZSCO 261313 (Software Engineer)

Tuatara

Hi,

I got a few questions about the Skills Assessment document submission.

I am working in Australia for 2 years on visa 457, ANZSCO 261313 (Software Engineer) and I plan to apply for PR (visa 186). I am going to get my Skills Assessment first and preparing my documents now. I was working as a Software Engineer for 16 years in total and managed to collect reference letters with payment evidence covering about 7 years of this experience for the Skills Assessment. The rest of it (2009-2016) I was traveling and freelancing and could not collect enough payment evidence, and in most cases reference letters too. However, 7 years' experience seems to be enough for a positive outcome as per https://www.acs.org.au/content/dam/acs/acs-skills/SkillsAssessmentGuidelinesforApplicants.pdf if my University diploma is assessed as a Bachelor's or higher.

Questions:

• Should I mention the experience without reference letters/payment evidence in my application
  • Should I mention this experience in the Resume/Curriculum Vitae
  • Is there a standard/preferred form of Resume/Curriculum Vitae for Skills Assessment

Any information on these regards is highly appreciated. Thanks!

3 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

I have moved your post to business sponsored as it is a more appropriate area. My strong advice would be to use an agent in this. If you look through the forum you will that 186 visas have a very high refusal rate. 

Thanks for the advice! Yes, this is the plan - to go with the agent for 186. And the agent recommended getting the Skills Assessment now, however they can't assist on the Assessment, only on 186 itself. Unless there are agents assisting on Skills Assessment? Thanks.