Filling In TOR Form as married person

kenandleah

Just been looking at TOR form and preparing for shipping both our possessions back to UK.  First question was Name...problem is our goods are both of ours and their does not seem to be provision for 2 names...myself and wife. Do I have to fill out separate TOR forms? Most of the boxes contain a mixture of items owned by either of us...for instance our books and cds are all packed together do I have to separate everything out?

Confused

Ken

I've just had a look at my form (we moved back in September 2017 but I still have it on my computer). We filled in my (now ex) husband as the main applicant, as he was the one with a job offer that we could put down (not that I think you need to have a job in place), and then we put myself and our children in as the secondary applicants - there was no need to do a separate form. I just did an Excel Spreadsheet of belongings. I numbered all of the boxes, and put a rough list of what was in them (e.g. books, CD's, ornaments, kitchen equipment), and then listed any furniture etc. Then there was a section for our pets. I then sent the form with the necessary attachments which were scanned copies of passports, the spreadsheet I'd made, mortgage document, employment contract, proof of pet ownership etc. The TOR hadn't been in place for long before we went, so I'm sure I sent more information than was necessarily needed.

• Like 1

Just had another look at the form online and it does not seem to allow for more than one applicant. Cant find any provision for supplementary people. Everything else seems to be easy enough...still just the problem of main applicant and including my wife.

I would just do it in one name then. It is a process for deciding VAT payments at the end of the day. Use whoever has the best documentary evidence of addresses, jobs etc if there is a difference between you. 
It is one TOR per shipment not per person, or it was. 
My mum moved back ahead of me without a TOR and I just completed the paperwork in my name for everything in the movecube which contained both our possessions a few weeks later.
Have you looked at the TOR thread on here?

Good luck.

12 hours ago, kenandleah said:

Just had another look at the form online and it does not seem to allow for more than one applicant. Cant find any provision for supplementary people. Everything else seems to be easy enough...still just the problem of main applicant and including my wife.

Hmm, that's odd. When I filled ours in there was a section for the applicants details (with name, DoB, NI number and things like that), and then further down there was a separate section for family and/or partner details. I've just had another look at my forms, and there was a question 'Is your family and/or partner also coming to the UK?', which when I selected yes, opened up another section for me to fill in my and our children's details. Then there was a section for our cats, which when I clicked yes to bringing animals, opened another section where I answered questions about them. Maybe the form has changed since then? Could you try and give HMRC a phone or send them an email? I work in tax/accounts/payroll, and have found them to be very helpful on the phone.

• 1 month later...