How much did it cost to get your 190 visa?

Azstafford93

I’m sure someone will give you exact prices but you have to factor in

ielts or equivalent exam - sometimes more than once £200-£300

police check £60-£100

medical check £350-£500

skills assessment £1200 -£1700

visa lodgement £1500

we are a family of five so the costs fairly mount up and both had to do ielts and skills assessment.

i/d say, roughly, and probably conservatively, for 1 person, around £3500-£4000 plus hours Of preparing documents and getting them  certified (which I managed to get for free so that was something.)Also the hours just learning what you have to do for the process is really daunting at the beginning. We did it all ourselves maybe, with hindsight, I Would just get an agent.... I suppose it depends how straightforward your case is. We thought ours was but it turned into one hurdle after another but we are finally at the final hurdle and waiting patiently to hear some grant news....

if it’s just you and you’ve done plenty research then absolutely go for it on your own but if you think you’re going to need guidance then enlist a good Mara agent to help you with the process. I’d imagine it to be quicker, less stressful and once you’ve lodge your should feel confident you haven’t missed anything important!!

good luck! 

I estimate about the same for me.  I had a blip on my medical too, if I didn't have private health insurance through my employer I would have had to pay another £1500 on top as well (for all the tests to confirm it was nothing serious)!

Edited by mt9754
clarification