robina - good or bad

Guest scottandkay

Guest scottandkay

hi

we are living in northern brisbane and are sooooo bored, we arethinking of moving down to gold coast, looking at robina/varisty does anyone know what they are like? have two kids 3 and 7 and need a bit of life around me! all opinions welcome

kay

Guest Pom in Paradise

Hi Kay

we looked there but settled on Runaway Bay. You can get into Surfers, if you are game enough, for a night out, or there is plenty locally. not such a new area as Robina or Coomera but nice. Xmas in July at Sanctuary Cove this weekend for the Poms! Go to the Robin Hood for a drink sat afternoon and meet the locals.

Hi Kay

we looked there but settled on Runaway Bay. You can get into Surfers, if you are game enough, for a night out, or there is plenty locally. not such a new area as Robina or Coomera but nice. Xmas in July at Sanctuary Cove this weekend for the Poms! Go to the Robin Hood for a drink sat afternoon and meet the locals.

Hi Kay

It was great to hear someone else has settled in Runaway Bay we hope to move there or round that area had a holiday there and loved it especially Sanctuary Cove , great to hear they do Xmas in July would love to hear how you have settled and how long you have been there.

Like everyone else waiting for house to sell

Enjoy Xmas in July

Evelyn

Guest P.Ross

Hiya

Robina is nice - it has a great shopping centre and there are quite a few smaller centres around the suburbs.

I don't really like Varsity Lakes. It reminds me of what the builders in the UK do - a load of houses crammed in. Narrow streets too.

Paul

We live in Robina at the moment in a rental although we are moving up to Pacific Pines at some point.

The shopping centre is a bit of a mess at the moment as it is undergoing huge redevelopment - will be fantastic when finished though. Varisty Lakes has a small precinct with coffee shops etc.

Varisty Lakes is a bit 'compact' whereas Robina is more spacious but some areas (especially the area we are in which is pretty new) are a bit soul less. The more established areas are much MUCH better.

You have the train station close by and the M1. Although I personally prefer Pacific Pines I really do like Robina for it's convenience - 10 mins to Burleigh Heads and the lovely beaches of the southern end of the Gold Coast (less frantic than the northern ones) especially Kirra beach at Coolangatta. Also Tallebudgera and Currumbin Creeks - beautiful! plus the hinterland is just across the other side of the highway.

My mate who lives here has kiddies of a similar age to yours and she says Varsity Lakes primary school is highly recommended (its on the boundary of Robina and Varsity roughly) and her kids are settling well. There is also an ABC kindy by the EasyT centre (another little shopping complex which is really nice).

Lyn

Hi, we're northern end too; classed as Coombabah, but Runaway Bay really.

Our kids are 4, 3 and 20 months, and this is a great place for them. We're close to the theme parks, Runaway Bay has a large sports centre and the schools are supposed to be good (mine still at kindy:arghh:).

Pacific Pines has been mentioned a couple of times; the only downside to living where we are is that it's a bit of a drive to the motorway every morning (10-15 mins), which may or may not bother you. We would be looking to go more towards Pacific Pines/Helensvale (train station there too) as it's closer to the motorway, which hubby uses nearly every day.

Robina is great for shopping, and the better beaches are down the southern end, but can't comment on how it is to live there.

Jo x

Guest scottandkay

hi thanks for all your posts, i think we will go to either robina or runaway bay, we did look at a house in runaway bay last week on internet which was lovely. we were planning on moving gold coast in next coupe of weeks, but hubby has got 2 weeks work in perth in september so i am going to wait until he gets back so it will be 8 weeks or so now. glad to hear there are some other mums down there with kids my kids age, perhaps we can arrange a coffee morning when i get there so we can all meet up? (or a wino one evening??!!).

thank kay

Archived