HNC in Social Care

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has had this same qualification and had it recognised is Australia? This is a Scottish qualification. 

We have been in Australia many years and I am just starting to get my qualifications changed over now my youngest child is getting ready to start School. I have struggled to find the correct governing body for this qualifications. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated 😀

Thank you 😁

What career does it qualify you for?   If it qualifies you to be a social worker, then there is a registration body for that.  

If it qualifies you to provide care, e.g. in aged care homes, then I don't think there is a body that deals with it. What you'll probably have to do is enrol in an equivalent Certificate course here, and apply to the College to have your Scottish course recognised for advanced standing (meaning you won't have to do the entire Certificate course here, they'll recognise modules from your Scottish course as equivalent).  

Edited by Marisawright