482-PR baby advice

kym0369

Looking for a little bit of help here. Currently on a 482 tss visa and can apply for PR in July 2021. What would happen if I fell pregnant before then? Would this potentially stop me getting PR as there would be another person on my application? I’ve tried looking online but nothing is coming up, any info would be amazing 

Just be aware as a temporary visa holder you wouldn’t be entitled to any Centrelink benefits such as paid parental leave /dad and partner pay. You would, I think get paid leave from work if you have been with your employer for the minimum amount of time (I think 12 months but not 100% on that). But be mindful when you return to work you couldn’t claim CCS (child care subsidy) which would make childcare very expensive. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 16/12/2019 at 19:55, kym0369 said:

Thank you Paul great to know 

That’s no worries wonderingaloud as I wouldn’t be looking for any type of benefits or help from Centrelink. Husband works away and I don’t work so childcare is not an issue either 

Hey Kym. I had my little girl 14 weeks ago, I don’t receive any paid parental leave but my partner did get dad/partner pay because he is an Aussie. It doesn’t effect your application as I was pregnant whilst waiting on mine. Good luck!x