Which Visa for hairdresser and plasterer/builder?

Samantha F

13 hours ago, Samantha F said:

Hi,

can anyone give advice regarding moving from Uk to Oz...Both myself & Husband are both UK citizens & 2 children.My husband is a builder/plasterer and owns his own company & I’m a hairdresser & Make Up Artist.Which sort of VISA do I need to look into etc.

Hi @Samantha F

Australia has strict rules about who can migrate.   One of you must be qualified and experienced in a job that's on a short list of Skilled Occupations, then that person applies and includes the rest of the family on their application. 

If neither of you can find your occupation on the lists, then you can't migrate. 

Even if one of you does qualify, you're not there yet.  It's quite a complex process these days.  Once upon a time you could do it yourself, but Immigration is very unforgiving - if you make one small mistake, your application gets rejected and you've lost thousands of dollars. So it's wiser to engage a migration agent to do the application for you.

A good migration agent will give you an initial consultation free of charge so that's what I suggest you do.  

• Like 1