Movecube Questions :)

Vickie78

I didn't want to Hijack anyone else's thread to avoid confusion.

I know what size I need as did the quote online etc. 

I have seen people say if they have space left over they just chuck extra stuff in? Does that make the price go up from the quote? Quote says everything needs to be in boxes, no more than 30kg per box? But people seem to stuff things into any gaps, eg: Umbrella, Clothes hangers that sort of thing?

Boxes? Can you use your own (I have heaps of packing boxes in the Garage that are sturdy) or do I have to use theirs?

I'm taking two x Mountain bikes do they just go in, or do they need a box? I assume they will also have to be thoroughly clean too? Do I take the pedals off, or just leave intact? 

Any other tips/tricks/advice would be appreciated 

Thank you 🙂 

HI Vickie

Yep - fill up any gaps you can - the price (when we did it) was for the cube rather than by amount/weight. i had some stuff in boxes, other stuff just bubble wrapped or plastic wrapped. 

Yes to using your own boxes, whatever you have. It helps with stacking if they are all roughly the same size, but thats more for your sanity than anything else,

My mountain bike, i stripped down, took the pedals, wheels and handle bars off.. the frame, handlebars and pedals went in a bike box that a mate had from a new purchase and then the wheels were wrapped in plastic wrap and thrown in as is.... I thoroughly cleaned with Jeyes fluid, but it appeared that customs never even looked at them as it was all wrapped up as i had left it.

other tips - number the boxes to match the list, that helps you went you unpack rather than having to work out whats in there, and directs customs a bit more easily if needed.

try and keep the heavy stuff in the middle of the cube so that its not overloaded at either end...

keep the stuff that may be of interest to customs - bikes, Christmas decorations, tools etc near the front, so they dont have to pull the lot out if they want to take a look.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, kevsan said:

HI Vickie

Yep - fill up any gaps you can - the price (when we did it) was for the cube rather than by amount/weight. i had some stuff in boxes, other stuff just bubble wrapped or plastic wrapped. 

Yes to using your own boxes, whatever you have. It helps with stacking if they are all roughly the same size, but thats more for your sanity than anything else,

My mountain bike, i stripped down, took the pedals, wheels and handle bars off.. the frame, handlebars and pedals went in a bike box that a mate had from a new purchase and then the wheels were wrapped in plastic wrap and thrown in as is.... I thoroughly cleaned with Jeyes fluid, but it appeared that customs never even looked at them as it was all wrapped up as i had left it.

other tips - number the boxes to match the list, that helps you went you unpack rather than having to work out whats in there, and directs customs a bit more easily if needed.

try and keep the heavy stuff in the middle of the cube so that its not overloaded at either end...

keep the stuff that may be of interest to customs - bikes, Christmas decorations, tools etc near the front, so they dont have to pull the lot out if they want to take a look.

Excellent. Thank you so much 🙂  I shall have to look at cube vs weight, I must have done something wrong.