309/100 and 600 visitor visa help

Poppysunday

Hello

I applied for my 309/100 visa in July and have front loaded everything apart from my medical. 

Things are set to be slow but me, my partner and our daughter want to visit Australia. The plan would be for my partner and daughter to stay and for me to leave and come back. 

I want to apply for a 600 and hope that they give me 6-12 months. I know it ‘sounds’ like we want to be in Australia while the 309/100 is granted but we really want to go over as our daughter is nearly one and we want to take her over to see family for a long stay. We’d be staying with his family and they are supporting our stay. 

Do we just explain this to them on the 600? Or will they just think I’m trying to stay. 

We will have around £5000 in savings and can get a letter from our family in Australia to say they are supporting or holiday/stay 

Any tips advice? 

I’m worried I’ll get stopped by immigration if I only have a one way ticket 😕

You have to be outside Australia for the 309 to be granted and if that’s your plan anyway, why would you have a one way ticket? Returns are much better value. Wanting to accompany your Australian partner (and child) on a holiday is a valid reason to apply for a visitor visa. 

11 minutes ago, paulhand said:

You have to be outside Australia for the 309 to be granted and if that’s your plan anyway, why would you have a one way ticket? Returns are much better value. Wanting to accompany your Australian partner (and child) on a holiday is a valid reason to apply for a visitor visa. 

Hi Paul,

Absolutley. We want to visit for family and not wait for the 309/100 to see them. However if the 309/100 gets approved while we are there anyway I will fly out for it to be granted. If I get granted a visitor visa for 6 months  I’ll fly after 6 months if I get granted a 12 month I’ll fly after 12. I basically don’t have a leave date in mind as we’re planning on living there anyway. I just want to do what is right.