Investing money back in the UK

I’m earning some “spare” money back in the UK from letting out my old house and I’d like to invest it in a UK investment (equity) fund.  

I’m having trouble opening an account as most managers will only let you if you are a tax resident of the UK (which I don’t think I have been since I emigrated to Australia a few years back).

I was just wondering if anyone out there had any advice as I’d rather keep the money in the UK?

Any help would be appreciated. 

On 31/08/2019 at 21:50, DevonMark said:

I’m earning some “spare” money back in the UK from letting out my old house and I’d like to invest it in a UK investment (equity) fund.  

I’m having trouble opening an account as most managers will only let you if you are a tax resident of the UK (which I don’t think I have been since I emigrated to Australia a few years back).

I was just wondering if anyone out there had any advice as I’d rather keep the money in the UK?

Any help would be appreciated. 

Hi

Yes that would seem to be an issue as a non UK resident.

There are potentially options by investing in sterling investments from the Australian end however these tend to be via Platforms and the ones that I am aware of have minimum investment size criteria so I think it would also depend on what amounts you are thinking of.

Regards

Andy