New school admissions in WA

Guest Lolley's

Guest Lolley's

We are about to make the big move over to Oz and will be settling in Albany, WA to begin with, we have 2 daughters of 7 and 2. My niece is already in Oz and is just a few months older than my youngest daughter, her mom has been told that she will have to start school the year after my daughter due to her birth date, even though she is older. Does anyone have any advice on this, my niece was born in September 2003 and my daughter in February 2004 as it seems a little odd?

Rebecca and Tony Lolley

Birmingham :?

I have this problem too. My daugther is born in June and was due to start school in Sept in UK but due to the different rules in ACT she will start school a whole 18 months later. I believe that in WA the child needs to at least 5 years 0 months old on Jan 1st to enter school, hence the difference.

I am still in two minds as to whether I think this is an issue. My duagther is very social and requires a lot of simulation, so I think will really like school. There is also the addition cost of childcare to consider and also what happens if you return to the UK at any point...

• 2 months later...
Guest thepriceclan

Hi, my son is going to be 6 in April this year. He will go into year 2 here in the uk in September 2007 but in Oz he will go into year 2 the following February at the start of their school year. My daughter is just 3 and will have to wait longer to start nursery, where as she would be at nursery here in September. I think she will start nursery over there in february the same. They seem to have the same system, just a 5 month difference in the start of their school year. I know the cut off date for school years is 1st July not 1st September like it is in the UK.

Guest thepriceclan

hello there

i was just looking at your names and the name tony lolley rings a bell to me??? might be someone else but is he a chef ?? if not there are two people with that name that i have spoken to over the last few months hahaha

Dave

Archived