UK house reno..

howie67

Hi all. Not sure if this is the right section of the forum to be posting this! I live in Sydney and since my parents moved into a retirement home, their house is sitting empty and needs a bit of renovation -such as a part of the roof needs fixing and the electrical and plumbing need updating before it can be rented out. Has anyone undertaken a reno in the UK whilst living here in Oz? If anyone has, how did you go about managing it? I can only get fairly limed leave so it makes it difficult to be there.

Hi howie67,

I am still in the UK but i am a property investor and run a property management company, There are many companies that will complete and manage a renovation for you from a distance just the same as if you had bough the property as an overseas investor. You could look at employing their services to do this task for you. If you need some help and advice in this respect don't hesitate to get in touch.

18 hours ago, howie67 said:

Hi all. Not sure if this is the right section of the forum to be posting this! I live in Sydney and since my parents moved into a retirement home, their house is sitting empty and needs a bit of renovation -such as a part of the roof needs fixing and the electrical and plumbing need updating before it can be rented out. Has anyone undertaken a reno in the UK whilst living here in Oz? If anyone has, how did you go about managing it? I can only get fairly limed leave so it makes it difficult to be there.

Give a thought to finding a local professional Building surveyor, somebody like a RICS chap who would draw up a schedule of works, tender it out to 2 or 3 local builders, supervise the work and agree any extras with the builder and agree payment, if you go for someone local they will know the local builders. The RICS have a list of surveyors and what they undertake, get a quote from 2 or 3. The other option is a project manar who is CIOB REGISTERED

17 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Give a thought to finding a local professional Building surveyor, somebody like a RICS chap who would draw up a schedule of works, tender it out to 2 or 3 local builders, supervise the work and agree any extras with the builder and agree payment, if you go for someone local they will know the local builders. The RICS have a list of surveyors and what they undertake, get a quote from 2 or 3. The other option is a project manar who is CIOB REGISTERED

That should be" project manager who is CIOB registered"

The advantage is that the professional institutes lay down some rules by which they have to operate