Syrian Application 309/100

Joey123

Hi everyone 

I (The Sponser) apllied for my wife through a migration agent for a 309/100 partner Visa at the start of January. We are living together in Syria Tartous, far away from all the violence. Because I am in Syria which is considered a very high risk country, does the Visa take much longer to get processed? I have sent everything the agent requested before submitting my application like police checks, medical exam, polio, birth certificate, proof of marriage, proof of rent, etc... I also sent over 100 photos of wedding, engagement and other social activities, And I send 30 photos every 2 months to show continued relationship of different social activities. I'm coming up to 6 months since my wife applied, and have heared nothing yet. No interview, email, nothing! Does anyone have any knowledge of Syrian applicants and how long they usually take and when a phone interview usually happens for Syrians? Does it also take longer to get a Visa grant because we are living together Since they might wan't to focus more on applicants that are not reunited with their lived one yet?

I am living here in Syria because of my wife and I can't fly back and leave my wife at her parents and wait for the Visa in Australia for personal reasons. I know her application is processed in Lebanon since there's no Australian embassy in Syria. Is it a good idea to email them? Or is it better to tell my agent to email them? And if so, what should I say? "I'm after an update"? Will the email help?

Would really appreciate the help from those who have knowledge of Syrian applications and if you know the usual time frame for Syrians 

Thank you

A clause for my service agreement:  

If we are informed that you have contacted relevant authorities directly, without us advising you to do so, or you decide to act on your own behalf we will cease to act in your case

The current published p[rocessing time for your subclass of visa is 14 to 19 months.

Confirminng claims with Syrian authorities can be a slow process.

An avalanche of photographs is unlikely to progress your case.

If you have a registered migration agent acting for you, take the advice you receive.