189, 190 point required for invitation

RJK

2 hours ago, RJK said:

Hi,

What is the current point required to receive an invitation for SC 189 or even 190?

I have 65 for SC-189 and 79 for 190 .. will this be enough to receive an invite.

I'm assuming you meant 70 for the 190 and it was just a slip of the finger on the keyboard 😉

65 is currently nowhere near the invite level for a 189 which has been 75+ all year (which runs July-June)

Of course no one really knows what next year will bring in terms of points targets but I think most people view is much of the same again...

For the 190 the criteria is very different and each state can make up it's own mind, some place high emphasis on superior English, others on a specific anzsco code and others on education. The way a state makes its nomination for a 190 is a bit of black art. What I can tell you though is I got a 190 invite to NSW on 70 (65 + 5 sponsor) within 2 days of lodging the application in April this year and acceptance of the nomination in mid May. 

Edited by Ausvisitor

yep, I meant 70

so for 189, I will probably have to increase my score.

I am not able to apply for NSW under 190 as they don't currently have my occupation on their list( engineering technologist). its only ACT where I can apply at the moment.

2 hours ago, RJK said:

yep, I meant 70

so for 189, I will probably have to increase my score.

I am not able to apply for NSW under 190 as they don't currently have my occupation on their list( engineering technologist). its only ACT where I can apply at the moment.

The same probably applies to ACT, it was just on looking at the list and taking advice from my agent we decided for me NSW was the best place to try our luck.