408 Entertainment Visa to Onshore Tourist Visa (600)

derzie

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some clarification on moving over to a tourist visa after my current employment ends.

Im currently on a 408 Entertainment Visa, which ends 11th July- Im staying in the country for a few weeks after this date for a holiday so want to swap to an Onshore Tourist Visa (600). Whilst applying for the new visa I get the warning my current visa will be cancelled when the tourist one is approved. The worrying thing is, there is no option for a start date on the new visa so I risk losing my final 2 weeks of work rights, but if I wait until I finish work, chances are it wont get processed in the 4 day window I have before my 408 ends.

Im confused how to proceed with changing my visa ensuring I can finish my contract at work and my tourist visa will take over a day or 2 after.

Hope this makes sense & anyone know the best process to ensure this?

Thanks!

If you apply for the visitor visa during the 4 days before July 11th, you would go onto a bridging visa if it's not granted before the 408 visa ends.  The bridging visa may not have any work rights, but depending on your timing that may suit what you need.  I certainly wouldn't leave it to the last day though since you run the risk of a technical issue or system maintenance causing a delay.