Documents/Questions for Sponsor - Offshore Partner Visa 309

Hi All

It would seem the new rule about sponsors being approved first has not yet come into action. With that in mind is there anyone who has already done the visa that can advise what is actually asked of the sponsor, once you can get to that part of the application after payment?

We are wondering does the sponsor have to submit statements about finance; relationship; commitment etc like the applicant? Do they have to list where they have travelled in the past 10 years? As if they do my husband had better get writing! If they don't have to then we are nearly done!

We have read not to submit the application and pay until we have all my evidence sorted, as there is no timeline as to when my application will be dealt with - so best it is all there ready and waiting.

Thanks all.

4 hours ago, moominfillyjonk said:

Hi All

It would seem the new rule about sponsors being approved first has not yet come into action. With that in mind is there anyone who has already done the visa that can advise what is actually asked of the sponsor, once you can get to that part of the application after payment?

We are wondering does the sponsor have to submit statements about finance; relationship; commitment etc like the applicant? Do they have to list where they have travelled in the past 10 years? As if they do my husband had better get writing! If they don't have to then we are nearly done!

We have read not to submit the application and pay until we have all my evidence sorted, as there is no timeline as to when my application will be dealt with - so best it is all there ready and waiting.

Thanks all.

Time for him to get writing (and working out his travel for the last 10 years) and getting his police checks ... 

I think its best to get the application submitted and then keep uploading all the requested documents as you have them. At least then you are in the cue. There is a clear section for both the Applicant and the Sponsor, in the immi account once you have submitted. You should aim to put at least one supporting document in each section that applies to you. My advice is to submit the application, get the medical sorted and then work through the lists.  The timeline is very long and slow, so the longer you wait to submit the application the longer it will take for you to get to Australia. If you are applying from London there is a good thread on here that is worth following so check that out too. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, 

I am hoping someone here may know the answer to this- 

We have made my application for 309, and although we have uploaded evidence for myself and my husband (the sponsor) I can’t tell if he is also meant to complete a separate form? He doesn’t have a separate immi account we have just added everything via my account. 

Does he have to make his own account or complete form 40SP as many of the questions are already answered in the main online application that I completed. So we assumed not but now are not sure! 

same question for me as the applicant - do I need to complete form 80?

or are both of these forms only if requested by a CO?

thanks for your help!

Es