Return Resident Visa

TiaCapan

Hi all

I have been here 5 years and have only travelled overseas for holidays for a few weeks in total in that time.

I need to apply for a RRV and should meet the requirements for a 5 year one.

I have a couple of questions if anyone could help please:-

1) How many forms of ID are required? Is my UK passport enough or do I need to find my birth certificate and/or supply additional forms of ID also?

2) Also, how long are 'straightforward' applications taking currently (how long is a piece of string I know).

I'm hoping to travel overseas in a couple of months, is this likely to be processed in time, or is there a huge backlog for RRVs at the minute? I am very out of the loop on visas and timescales these days.

Many thanks for any help

1 hour ago, TiaCapan said:

Hi all

I have been here 5 years and have only travelled overseas for holidays for a few weeks in total in that time.

I need to apply for a RRV and should meet the requirements for a 5 year one.

I have a couple of questions if anyone could help please:-

1) How many forms of ID are required? Is my UK passport enough or do I need to find my birth certificate and/or supply additional forms of ID also?

2) Also, how long are 'straightforward' applications taking currently (how long is a piece of string I know).

I'm hoping to travel overseas in a couple of months, is this likely to be processed in time, or is there a huge backlog for RRVs at the minute? I am very out of the loop on visas and timescales these days.

Many thanks for any help

1. Your passport is fine

2. If you have been in Aus for 2 years in the last 5 and there are no complicating factors, then grant should be near immediate.