Medicals for 190

Hi everyone, 

I have already submitted my 190 application and have a question about health examination. This is (will be) the only part missing in my application.

I have already done the medicals in August last year for different visa so it's expiring in August I guess. Based on what I read on my immi account I can't do any action on this until they contact me, can't generate a new HAP ID either. Since the CO will get my application in about 3 months, it looks like I have to wait for the CO contact? 

My partner doesn't have the medicals done yet and I'm not sure whether we should wait for the CO contact too? I can generate the HAP ID for him with no issues but no timeline is given there so the question is, when should he have the medicals done? 

If it was up to me I'd probably just wait so we could both do it together but the sentence "if you don't provide your health examination your visa might be refused" scares me.

thoughts?

Hi Martina

I submitted my 190 visa application for SA around 6 weeks ago and never did my medical.

I'm guessing that you cant generate a new HAP ID because you still have a valid medical certificate.

If I was you I would just wait until yours runs out and the CO requests them, the processing time is at 11 - 14 months at present so they could run out again if you did it now although that will probably drop again over the next couple of months.

Maybe that last sentence refers to you not submitting a medical within the 28days of them requesting it.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Lavers said:

Hi Martina

I submitted my 190 visa application for SA around 6 weeks ago and never did my medical.

I'm guessing that you cant generate a new HAP ID because you still have a valid medical certificate.

If I was you I would just wait until yours runs out and the CO requests them, the processing time is at 11 - 14 months at present so they could run out again if you did it now although that will probably drop again over the next couple of months.

Maybe that last sentence refers to you not submitting a medical within the 28days of them requesting it.

I think so too. I just wanted to front load everything to speed the process up a bit. Oh well. Have you had any contact yet Lavers? 

2 hours ago, Martina said:

I think so too. I just wanted to front load everything to speed the process up a bit. Oh well. Have you had any contact yet Lavers? 

No nothing yet and I'm not really expecting any CO until August/September.

Not looking at moving  until summer next year so not in any rush.

• Thanks 1