Malaysian Airlines

Guest thistles and gum trees

Flying with Malaysian, London to Melbourne via KL. Does anyone have any info on that airline or where to visit (with three children 14, 12 & 8) in KL. The flight is booked for us by company so don't have a choice but wanted to find out what we can about it. Thanks.

Flying with Malaysian, London to Melbourne via KL. Does anyone have any info on that airline or where to visit (with three children 14, 12 & 8) in KL. The flight is booked for us by company so don't have a choice but wanted to find out what we can about it. Thanks.

Number one dughter did Melbourne to Europe (Frankfurt) return with Malaysian last year... raved about the service. So...looking good.. Enjoy! 8)

We'll be doing the Oz Army flights with them on 12th February so we'll let you know!! :D

Guest hayshake

Have flown a number of times with Malaysian via KL. An excellent company and very good service, even though we fly economy.

Kuala Lumpur can be a bit of a pain if you have a short time stop over, as the city is about 1 hour by transport from the airport. They now have a new rail service which may be a bit quicker. If you want to get around, use a taxi, as they are cheap, although some drivers try to charge extra if they can get away with it. Have a good flight

Guest spray21

We have option of staying in KL when we go across in April - or we have the option of flying on to a different resort for our 2 nights stopover, then fly back to KL for the onward journey.

Initially we thought we did not want to get on another plane after landing in KL, now I'm thinking it might be worth it in order to laze on a beach for 2 days!

Any ideas? Can I laze on a beach in KL? Impessions so far (from internet) is that KL seems hot and busy, builtup (obviously!) and maybe noisy - so not very relaxing. Have heard good things about langkawi (spelling?!) - would be good to hear others' experiences/opinions.

I hope that your flight goes well. My pal who was flying Malaysian Airlines with a wee tot who was four months old, said that the long flight from Scotland went swimmingly.

Hello everyone!!

Daisydeeds

who is rather warm in the nighttime in the heart of Hunter Valley ; -)

Guest hayshake

Two years ago we stopped for a couple of days in Langkawi at the Barbaya beach resort, (I think that was the name). This was also just before the tsunami struck. We found this resort excellent and quite cheap. Most hotels in Malasia are very reasonably priced. The flight from KL was about 1 hour, and I would definately stop there than spend too long in KL itself, although it is an interesting city. We have also stopped over at a resort hotel on the edge of the city, but found ourselves restricted by lack of transport facilities. Good Luck

Malaysian have great B747/B777 :lol:

They have recently cancelled the service to manchester from kuala lumper for a random reason,still,great service but i'd still go with SQ (Singapore Airlines) as they have better service and are usually cheaper ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Spray,

Our friend went across 3 years ago with the ADF and chose the stoppover at the beach resort as you mentioned. He asked if he could stay for 4 nights instead of 2 and paid the excess himself. He said that it didn't cost much for him, his wife and 3 year old and if you are thinking about doing that it may be a good idea to extend your 2 day stop....

Having looked at Lankawi I think that's the route we will go down - even if it does mean an extra plane trip.... we probably won't get another chance and after we arrive in Oz, any reutrn flights we will be booking ourselves so the the Business Class option will not happen again!!

Let us know how you get on..... and where you decide to stop, will be following you in the Autumn.

PS There is a great link (somewhere on here) that advises on seats in each class of each airline etc. If you are reserving your own seats, there are a couple of "high rated seats" on the upper deck for Golden Club class with MA.

Guest MR HOPEFULL

I'm currently living and serving in SE Asia and have visited KL on many occasions. KL is a great place for a short stop over 2-3 days is about enough though hot and humid at this time of the year 30C + 75% humidity. There is enough to do to keep you going, extensive shopping malls/good restrauants/safe environment reasonable prices especially for cheap cheap DVD's/CD's etc etc No beaches as such and I wouldn't recommend nipping over to Langkawai or Penang or any of the islands either unless you have 5 days spare. You will be surprised how tired you will be following the 13 hour + flight from UK and the 8 hour time difference - my advice would be relax, enjoy the city, enjoy the twin towers and if you play golf - TAKE YOUR CLUBS !!

Subject to issue of 47ES Visa I will also hopefully be making the very same trip real soon albeit I have to fly all the way back to UK first though !! As for Malaysian Airlines their long haul flights are 1st class.

Regards

Archived