Car advice

Phil McKibben

According to google, they weren't on sale here long:

Holden's ill-fated experiment with Daewoo-built products is perfectly encapsulated with the largely unloved Malibu.

Imported from Korea with the sole intention of battling Toyota's Camry in the medium sedan segment – and perhaps paving the way to serve as an eventual replacement for the Commodore – the Malibu singularly failed to find a buyer base in Australia, despite offering reasonable specs and value . Offered with a 2.4-litre four-cylinder petrol or 2.0-litre diesel, the front-wheel drive Malibu would only end up staying in Holden showrooms for a little over three years, from June 2013 to late 2016. 

11 hours ago, Phil McKibben said:

Hi all, was hoping someone can provide some info on a car I've been looking at... In the UK I have a vauxhall insignia, the oz equivalent being the holden malibu. My question being why are there so little of them Australia wide? Are they just not popular? 

Thanks 

I think most aussies prefer 4 wheel drive and utes. I have a 2005 X-trail with 250,000 kms on it and still fine. I'd definitely have another. 

There are some big distances to cover in Aus and the X Trail is great for longer distances, more comfortable for driver and passengers and once out of the City just set the cruise control to the speed limit for a few hundred kms. It's pretty relaxing, driving in WA.

Some people like bigger 4 wheel drives and there are some bargains out there. Especially privately.