Citizenship certificate for child of Permanent Residents

DukeNinja

Thanks goes to wrussell for his breadcrumbs about this.

We want to get Aussie born bub his Aussie passport, however there was quite a lot of conflicting information on the web. A lot of people claiming that you need to go through the formal citizenship process for bub first, before the passport can be applied for using the citizenship certificate. This is not the easiest way to do this.

You should be able to add this application to your existing Immi online account.

Here's that specific web page: 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/certificate

I submitted an "Evidence of Citizenship" application at 2100hrs on Tuesday, and by 0940hrs the next day, I had an approval of citizenship for my child.

Evidence that I submitted were: 189 visa grant letters for both me and partner, scanned Aussie birth certificate for bub, proof of address, Driver's licence, identity confirmation form together with certified photo of bub.

Cost was about $190.

If it's straightforward then why not apply yourself, otherwise, it may well be of benefit to engage the services of a registered migration agent for this.

Hope this is of help to someone.

DN