Three years Ban

April7

Hi Hello everyone,

my 187 nomination got rejected due to change in ABN number while I am on bridging visa E, after that I came back to oversea without overstaying my 28 notice period given to me, now my migration and other people are saying that I can’t apply any other temporary visa like student visa and so on for three years but while I am departing from the airport immigration officer told me that it can be waived but I should contact the Australian embassy. I am very confused where to contact. Please can anyone help me with this matter because in my country there is no Australian embassy. your help will be highly appreciated.

1 hour ago, April7 said:

Hi Hello everyone,

my 187 nomination got rejected due to change in ABN number while I am on bridging visa E, after that I came back to oversea without overstaying my 28 notice period given to me, now my migration and other people are saying that I can’t apply any other temporary visa like student visa and so on for three years but while I am departing from the airport immigration officer told me that it can be waived but I should contact the Australian embassy. I am very confused where to contact. Please can anyone help me with this matter because in my country there is no Australian embassy. your help will be highly appreciated.

If you were on a bridging visa E it means that at some point you became unlawful, thus the three year exclusion period.

The exclusion period does not stop you from applying for a temporary visa, however, you need to make claim as to why the exclusion period should be waived.

It will depend on your specific circumstances as to whether you have any reason to have the exclusion period waived.

Thank you Raul for your kind feedback, The reason I became bridging visa E was I did voluntarily cancellation my 457 visa while I am applying 187 visa on the recommendation of my migration agent, I have no illegal record and overstayed my visa.

Your Agent should have explained the consequence of cancelling your 457 while waiting for the 187. 

Cancelling your 457 had the effect of also cancelling your bridging visa A from the 187. This cause you to become unlawful and thus the reason for the BVE and all of the associated problems.

So you may not have realised it, but you were unlawful between the time you 457 was cancelled and the BVE was granted.

19 minutes ago, April7 said:

Specific situation means, can you explain or elaborate for me because I didn’t get any idea sir.

This is a complex matter which needs to be researched against your specific situation in order to determine whether a waiver is achievable.

It is not something that can be solved or addressed on a public forum based on the minimal information contained in your post.

Trying to solve a complex problem such as yours on a public forum is not advisable.

Seeking a professional  assessment and advice would be wise.

16 hours ago, April7 said:

Can you solve this matter and what is the best medium to contact you?

I don't know if I can solve it as I know almost nothing of your specific situation. 

If I am able to assist, there is no guarantee of success, as accessing a waiver to an exclusion period is discretionary.

My contact details are on my website which is linked in my signature below.